Air pollution is an important determinant of health. WHO estimates that in 2012 around 1 in 8 deaths were attributed to exposure to air pollution, making it the largest environmental risk factor for ill health. According to WHO, 4.3 million people a year die from the exposure to household air pollution.
Air pollution is a major environmental health problem affecting everyone. Air pollution increases the risk of respiratory and heart disease in the population. Both short and long term exposure to air pollutants have been associated to health impacts. More severe impacts affect people who are already ill. Children, the elderly and poor people are more susceptible.
Household Air Pollution and Health :-
• Around 3 billion people cook and heat their homes using open fires and simple stoves burning biomass (wood, animal dung and crop waste) and coal.
• Over 4 million people die prematurely from illness attributable to the household air pollution from cooking with solid fuels.
• More than 50% of premature deaths due to pneumonia among children under 5 are caused by the particulate matter (soot) inhaled from household air pollution.
• 3.8 million premature deaths annually from noncommunicable diseases including stroke, ischaemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer are attributed to exposure to household air pollution.
Ambient(Outdoor) Air Quality and Health
• Air pollution is a major environmental risk to health. By reducing air pollution levels, countries can reduce the burden of disease from stroke, heart disease, lung cancer, and both chronic and acute respiratory diseases, including asthma.
• The lower the levels of air pollution, the better the cardiovascular and respiratory health of the population will be, both long- and short-term.
• The "WHO Air quality guidelines" provide an assessment of health effects of air pollution and thresholds for health-harmful pollution levels.
• Ambient (outdoor air pollution) in both cities and rural areas was estimated to cause 3.7 million premature deaths worldwide in 2012.
Experience the breathing of Himalayan Air with 12 stages of...
EMAIL US email@example.com
CALL US +91-9873646000
Klairon ( a brand of Air Purifier and Cleaning products ) was established in 2010 as a separate venture by a high-tech enterprise Spiktel Technologies Private Limited, the company has long focused on the development of special laser optic light source technology and with special ultraviolet technology products....More